Director of Communications & Research
More About Planting Trees….On BC’s Coast!
Thanks for checking out the latest Johnny Canuck video – We hope you loved it!
There’s lots of facts about coastal forestry that most people don’t know – and tree-planting is one of them!
Coast Forest companies take tree-planting very seriously – it’s a key part of our how they sustain forests and habitats both today and in the future. Here’s some cool facts about tree-planting on BC’s coast:
- Coast Forest companies plant about 17 million trees every year!
- BC is a world leader in forest management with some of the strictest forest policies and innovative forest practices in the world!
- Planting on BC’s coast is science-based and eco-system specific. The right species mix of trees are grown in nurseries and then planted in the ecologically appropriate spots ensuring they grow into healthy new forests.
- Tree-planting companies and nurseries provide jobs important for many people throughout BC.
- The seedlings even get TLC! Why? Because deer and other animals find that they make tasty snacks and cedar is their favorite. How? Tree-planters place small, protective biodegradable barriers around the new seedlings to ensure that they survive.
Find out more!